The first regular Reformed services were held in February 1842 in the schoolhose that was located were the Zion Cemetery is located. In the beginning the services were conducted in German, beginning in 1844 a Rev. Funk began filling the need of the English speaking people, and the Rev. Tobas cared for the German speakers.
In 1854 Zion became a part of the Bloomsburg charge, and then in 1865 became part of the charge as it is now.
In 1898 a bad storm passed through the Zion area, blowing the front of the church apart, and making necessary a complete redecoration. Prior to this the pulpit stood between the two doors, with the choir in one cornor and some type of baalcony. In repairing the damage, the inside of the church was completely turned around and the new window placed between the doors. At this time(1900) the stained glass windows were all put in place.